Aprilia Riders Association “SponsorKliks,
Maart 28, 2024, 12:08:44 *
Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.

Login met gebruikersnaam, wachtwoord en sessielengte
Nieuws:

Startpagina Webshop Fotoalbum Links Help Zoek Inloggen Registreren  

Dit forum is besloten en alleen nog maar beschikbaar als archief voor bestaande leden.
Klik hier voor het actuele forum

Pagina's: [1]   Omlaag
  Print  
Auteur Topic: Mooie motorgadgets  (gelezen 12882 keer)
0 geregistreerde leden en 1 gast bekijken dit topic.
zeeslot
obgeblazen
ApriliaMembers
ARA Addict

Geslacht: Man

Italy
« Gepost op: Maart 05, 2007, 20:38:12 »

Ik kende deze twee producten niet, maar zijn wel interessant als het gaat om veiligheid.

(ik hoop dat je een beetje engels kent  Wink )

The Shok-SpotR.
[/u]This has got to be the greatest thing since slice bread, for helmet safety. The Shok-SpotR is a nifty little low profile and discrete device that simply attaches to the back of your helmet and gives you a visual clue to any "unnecessary roughness" inflicted on said helmet.

Basically it's a carefully calibrated sensor that visually warns you of any significant impact to your helmet. It mounts on your helmet shell permanently and easily, in a groovy, ultra-lightweight housing. My unit came in black and my helmet is too, so it's not intrusive in any way nor does it spoil the helmet line or look.

When activated, Shok-SpotR visually alerts you to stop using your helmet and have it inspected by its manufacturer. This will happen if the deceleration exceeds a predetermined level for more than a certain amount of time. That calibration level, by the way, is dictated with data from our sport. Most manufacturers warn us that a single significant impact can compromise the protective liner so it's better to be safe than sorry.

I travel a whole bunch with my helmet bag and always keep it close to me, and although I never check it for flying, it's still very important to me to know that my helmet's not been bashed around in my absence.

The Shok-SpotR has a small indicator window that will turn red if it suffers a blow - I had a unique opportunity to thoroughly test this piece of safety equipment too. Looking at my old (actually it was brand new) Arai Quantum up top, you can see it's had a confirmed hit. In this case it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the helmet's safety has been compromised.

In that instance I had a 130mph highside style airborne visual reference, however, what about the helmet bar knock off that occurred whilst you were getting your coke inside at Bravo Burger? And what about if you loan your helmet to a "friend"? Cooties are easily spotted, simple neglect isn't, consider this your guardian helmet angel.

By the way, I can see this application on just about any type of helmet - dirt style especially and even your kids helmet - why take a chance?

The price is just $24.95, and sure enough, I've got another replacement to install on my new Arai Profile helmet - my head's easily (no, really) worth the $25 buckaroo's.

Visit www.shok-spotr.com for more info and to find a dealer near you.

Sportvue Heads Up Display [/b]
 Basically it's a two-piece design that consists of the Head-Mounted Display unit (HMD) which obviously attaches to your helmet visor and the Motorcycle Sending Unit (MSU) that attaches to the motorcycle. Installation was a breeze due to the comprehensive and very clear instructions. I started with the easy bit and worked my way to the garage.

The actual display is a small unit that attaches to the visor of your helmet, either left or right side, depending on your dominant eye preference. The kit even came with a scuffer and some alcohol to properly adhere the heads up display to your visor - good stuff. The display took a minor bit of adjusting (tool included, of course) and didn't hinder my forward vison once installed. The unit also didn't complicate the opening and closing of that said visor. The red LED display was also three-way adjustable for brightness and powered by a couple of AAA batteries.

Moving to the bike the MSU mounted easily in the underseat storage area, being the size of a packet of cigarettes you won't be too pressed for space. The speed sensor includes a couple of brackets to suit most positions around the rear wheel. As recommended by the instructions, I attached the sensor bracket to the rear caliper (Gixxer 1000). The sensor is very similar to a bicycle speedometer pick-up and I used the supplied epoxy to attach the magnet to the rear rotor. The wiring loom was then zip tied to the swingarm and frame and looked very discrete.
Wiring the unit into the Gixxer's loom seemed daunting until we checked with Sportvue's site and all our wiring questions were answered. Once fitted (which took about an hour and a half) we were set. By the way, if you're looking for some external wires to get in the way of your riding, don't worry, there aren't any. The MSU "talks" to the HMD via wireless and it's all processed in real time with no delays.   

Next up was programming the unit to understand exactly what your bike is doing. The fact that the test mule carried 17" rims (the default wheel measurement) meant this was a breeze too. First we set the Gixxer on a race stand so the tire could turn in gear, engine running. We were happy to see the RPM show up immediately - it was just a bar graph with no figures, I'll come back to this. We pushed the set-up button on the MSU until we were in learn mode, we started the bike, snicked it in gear and gently revved the bike till it sampled correctly and automatically went to the second gear sampling, and so on. It might be prudent to strap your bike to the rear stand as life gets a little busy changing gears and spinning that rear. The MSU was even kind enough to tell us when it was done... coolio.

Up next was actually using the whole thing on an open road - again piece of cake. The RPM sensor needs some further programming to alert you of shift points, which would be ultra handy on a track day sortie but to be honest, we were losing the evening light and we were too excited to care. The thing works exactly as advertised - better actually. The gear selection indicator is brilliant, and the RPM is a little busy but not too distracting. We lost the signal once on the first ride and the thing gets confused every now and then (1 in 25 rides) probably due to interference as it only happens in built up shopping area's.

Mike Emery

For more information, go to http://www.sportvue.com

Gaaf of niet?  Wink
2 Fast 2 See
Global Moderator
ARA Addict

Netherlands
« Antwoord #1 Gepost op: Maart 05, 2007, 21:30:40 »

beetje apart spul die 2de.. zou het nou niet echt op de helm doen   

En dat 1ste... zou dat echt werken  ik weet ut niet hoor....

Aprilia RSV Mille '03 / Oldskool Airinlet / BMC Airfilter / Lots of CARBON!! / 16 JT - 42 Supersprox Stealth / D.I.D. Goldchain / MIVV GP Carbon demperset / Bagster bagagesysteem / LED Clear Taillight & LED knipp's/ '04+ Spiegels met knipp's / Officiële Biaggi, Edwards, Haga & Camier Handtekeningen
Raptor
Administrator
ARA Addict

Netherlands
« Antwoord #2 Gepost op: Maart 05, 2007, 23:41:10 »

Ja, wel gaaf om te zien. Vooral dat er blijkbaar mensen zijn met zóveel tijd dat ze dit kunnen gaan verzinnen. 
IMHO allebei nutteloze toepassingen, en vooral geinig voor de verkopers ervan...  Wink

"Waar een wil is is een weg. Waar meer willen zijn een file..."
Deefski
RSV Mille, er is geen betere!
Global Moderator
ARA Addict

Je kunt beter jezelf overwinnen, dan 1000 vijanden

Kazakhstan
« Antwoord #3 Gepost op: Maart 06, 2007, 20:10:21 »

Beetje prullaria imho 

The following are actual submissions on a series of quizzes, tests, and essays.
The moon is a planet just like the earth, only it is even deader.""
"Water is composed of two gins, Oxygin and Hydrogin. Oxygin is pure gin. Hydrogin is gin and water."
zeeslot
obgeblazen
ApriliaMembers
ARA Addict

Italy
« Antwoord #4 Gepost op: Maart 06, 2007, 21:54:01 »

Beetje prullaria imho 
\Dat wel, maar dat display in je vizier waar je je snelheid en zo op kan zien lijkt me wel nuttig.
Hoe meer je je blik op de weg  kan houden hoe veiliger, toch?
Jules
Gast
« Antwoord #5 Gepost op: November 01, 2007, 01:58:14 »

Dat wel, maar dat display in je vizier waar je je snelheid en zo op kan zien lijkt me wel nuttig.

Ik denk dat het juist meer afleid. Als je steeds die digitale teller op je vizier ziet verspringen wil je sneller zien hoe hard je rijdt. Weet niet of het de veiligheid ten goede komt. Ik zou het iig niet op/in mijn helm zetten.

Ik zoek wel nog een (electrisch) ruitenwissersysteempje voor op de helm 

Afro
Klaas
Gast
« Antwoord #6 Gepost op: November 01, 2007, 06:11:43 »

Beetje prullaria imho 
\Dat wel, maar dat display in je vizier waar je je snelheid en zo op kan zien lijkt me wel nuttig.

Hoevaak kijk je op je teller, hoe hard je rijdt ?
jackske
Aprilia, a way of life!
Global Moderator
ARA Addict

Australia
« Antwoord #7 Gepost op: November 01, 2007, 06:47:29 »

Beetje prullaria imho 

Hoevaak kijk je op je teller, hoe hard je rijdt ?

aleen als ik politie zie Grin

Miccie
Gast
« Antwoord #8 Gepost op: November 01, 2007, 12:37:33 »

damn.....zit er een teller op ? moet ik volgende keer dan toch eens kijken........

maar ben het er wel mee eens dat het voor mij geen toegevoegde waarde heeft met betrekking tot de veiligheid.
zeker die tweede lijkt me eerder storend. wat te denken van windruis e.d. ?

maar goed innovatie is altijd goed en wie weet wat hieruit voortkomt.........
klaaz
Administrator
ARA Addict

Likes french kisses & italian rides!

Netherlands
« Antwoord #9 Gepost op: Augustus 26, 2008, 20:55:11 »

Kijk, dit is dan wel weer een interessante ontwikkeling. Gratis licht!

Called the HJC Windlight LED Helmet Light, it's a small gizmo that you glue on top of your helmet (any manufacturer, it doesn't have to be HJC). When you start riding your motorcycle, above 40 kph, the wind blows through the Windlight, and powers powerful LED lights. In fact, the faster you go, the more light it emits. There's very little wind drag, since the unit is aerodynamic.

Leuk ding toch wel. Kost weinig, dus misschien ga ik het eens proberen.

Afro

Panic, chaos and total disorder. My work here is done.
Pagina's: [1]   Omhoog
  Print  

Ga naar:  

Onderwerp Gestart door Reacties Gelezen Laatste bericht
Telemarketing « 1 2 » Sjaakie 29 21753 Laatste bericht Mei 02, 2008, 14:45:17
door rrvm1971
'Performance luchtfilters' vs. originele Danduy 3 10051 Laatste bericht September 08, 2010, 00:00:46
door Kefke
HOW TO tandwiel en ketting vervangen? « 1 2 ... 18 19 » teddek 270 109267 Laatste bericht Juli 02, 2014, 21:34:49
door Zwijntje
BEEST van Itakura!!!! RS 125 SP 1996 (OM) « 1 2 ... 5 6 » Itakura 82 44828 Laatste bericht Maart 28, 2010, 20:47:03
door Itakura
Navigatie « 1 2 » Huertecilla 15 9165 Laatste bericht Augustus 21, 2013, 20:46:40
door MrKneedown

Dit forum is besloten en alleen nog maar beschikbaar als archief voor bestaande leden.
Klik hier voor het actuele forum